CSS Exam in Pakistan
- CSS Exam stands for Central Superior Services Exam. CSS exam is conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission(FPSC)Islamabad for the recruitment of Candidates to post (BS-17)in the following services under the Federal Government.
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Customs and Excise Services
- District Management Group
- Foreign Services of Pakistan
- Income Tax Group
- Information Group
- Military Lands and Cantonment Groups
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Audit and Account Service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Service Group
- Railways(Commercial and Transportation group).
Parts of CSS Exam in Pakistan
CSS Exam consists of the following four parts
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for appearing in CSS Exam.
Applicant must be the citizen of pakistan or permanent resident of jammu and kashmir
- The Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree with at least 2nd Division from a university of Pakistan or equivalent qualification from the foreign university recognized by HEC.
- A Candidate having 3rd Divison in his or her Bachelor Degree can only apply for exam if he or she have secured higher Division in his or her Master Degree.
- The Age Limit for Candidates applying for CSS exams is 21 to 30 years.
- The age limit is relaxed by two years(making 32 years as maximum age) for the Candidate currently serving as a government employee or belonging to tribes. the criteria for age relaxation are given at the end of the page.
Places of CSS Exam in Pakistan
Karachi, Lahore, Abbottabad, Islamabad, D.I khan, Bahawalpur, Peshawar, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit, Gujranwala, Hyderabad,
Khuzdar, Larkana, Multan, Muzaffarabad, Okara, Quetta, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Sukkur and Skardu.
Places of interview
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta.
How to Apply for CSS Exam-Brief
- The Advertisement of CSS Exam reflecting dates is published in all news paper’s in September each year
- Deposit the Exam Fee in the nearest Government Treasury/State Bank Of Pakistan/National Bank of Pakistan under the account head(CO21010-Organs of State Exam Fee)FPSC Receipt.
- Fill the online application form on the official website of FPSC and take a print out of hard-copy of the same online form.
- Dispatch the hard-copy of your online form along the copy of your original documents and bank receipt of FPSC Head-Quarter,Islamabad.
Basic Thing to know About CSS Exam:
- A candidate cannot appear in the CSS exam for more than three terms.
- The age of the applicant for the CSS exam is calculated on the 31 December of the year.
- the candidate has to appear in the four parts of the CSS exam e. Written, Medical, Psychological, Interview, Viva Voce.
- Written Exam has Six compulsory papers and six optional papers (to be selected from the list).
- The minimum marks for qualifying compulsory paper is 40% and optional paper is 33%.
- The candidates qualifying Written Exam will be shortlisted for the further parts(Medical, Psychological, Interview, Viva Voce.).
- Candidate can apply for rechecking of his/his paper. the rechecking fee is 500 per.
Age relaxation criteria:
The age limit for CSS Exam is 21 to 30 years. The age limit is relaxed by Two years for the following candidates:
- The candidate currently serving as a government employee and has remained in the same service for at least two years. This age will be relaxed for the candidate on the provision of the departmental certificate. Employees from banks, Wapda, Regulatory Authorities, and Autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
- A candidate belonging to scheduled Castes and Buddhist subject to provision issued by DCO/Political agent/District magistrate.
- The candidates belong to recognized tribes who are permanent residents of the area-Balochistan, tribal areas of D.I.KHAN, and Peshawar divisions(including former frontier states of Dir. Swat, Chitral, former areas of Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Division. Upper Tanawal areas of Hazara Division. A candidate will have to provide the certificate issued by the DCO/Political agent/District Magistrate.
- A Candidate from the Azad Kashmir Territory subject to the provision of the certificate issued by Kashmir-Affair Division, Gilgit Baltistan including Gilgit, Diamir, Baltistan, Ghizar, and Ghanche, subject to provide the certificate issued by the DCO/Political agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidate who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired, and visually impaired(blind), is subject to submission of a certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the federal/provincial government.